How Much Do Braces Cost Without Insurance?
Braces cost depends on a number of factors including the type of braces you choose, what kind of correction needs to be done, how old you are when you get them, how long you need to wear them, and other factors. Contact us today at Beyond Dental & Implant Center for more information or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 13655 Preston Rd Suite 100 Dallas, TX 75240.
Table of Contents:
Braces for your teeth have been around for a very long time. Most people associate them with the straightening of teeth to create a beautiful smile. But, they do so much more. They correct tooth alignment and jaw alignment issues. Correcting these can prevent cavities and other problems in the future. Braces can keep your mouth more healthy, and possibly pain-free and give you a smile to be confident about.
Many people are asking if braces are worth it. If you are wondering if getting braces is right for you or your child, the answer is definitely! Most people will see getting braces as a form of cosmetic dentistry to help you have a more beautiful smile. But braces do much more than straighten your teeth and provide for better oral health.
Most people will wonder about the cost of braces, which is perfectly reasonable to consider. Braces are worth the money because the benefits of a great smile, confidence, health, and tooth alignment are priceless. Braces are more than just cosmetic and are very practical. The benefits of getting braces include:
• They correct painful eating, and difficulty in chewing that can lead to poor nutrition.
• They can correct problems with speaking.
• They help prevent future dental issues and cavities.
• They align the teeth which allows for better oral care.
• Braces can correct jaw misalignment, correct the bite, and reduce pain.
• They give you confidence in your smile.
The cost of braces is justified because you are getting so many more benefits than just straight teeth.
Braces will vary in price depending on a number of factors. On average, they will cost between $3000-$10,000. The factors can include the type of braces you choose, what kind of correction needs to be done, how old you are when you get them, how long you need to wear them, and other factors.
There are four main styles of braces:
• Metal braces will generally cost between $3000-$7000. These are often the least expensive braces to get and have been around for a long time.
• Ceramic braces will generally cost between $4000-$8000. These are similar to metal braces. They are ceramic and color-matched to your teeth. Many people like these because they are harder for people to see.
• Invisalign will cost between $4000-$6000. These are plastic trays that fit over your teeth to align them. They cannot be used for certain types of correct, but are very popular for tooth straightening.
• Lingual braces are the most expensive, costing between $8000-$10,000. These require special installation on the inside of the teeth. Most of the time these are impossible to see.
Without insurance, you will be required to pay the entire cost of the braces and dentist visits. Fortunately, these are considered to be medically necessary. This makes them tax-deductible.
Most dental insurance plans will cover braces for children and adolescents. Most insurance plans do not cover braces for adults. You will need to check with your provider to find out what they will cover and any requirements that need to be met for them to be approved.
Medicaid does not cover braces in Texas.
Be prepared to pay some of the cost of the braces, yourself. Most insurance companies will only pay a percentage of the cost.
Beyond Dental & Implant Center does not accept insurance, but we do offer an in-house dental discount plan. We also work with a few companies to provide financing for the dental work that you want or need to have done.
We work with Care Credit, Alphaeon, PatientFi, Lending Club, and Proceed Finance. Please call to find out about what we have to offer. We are conveniently located at 13655 Preston Rd Suite 100 Dallas, TX 75240. We serve patients from Dallas TX, Plano TX, Addison TX, Garland TX, Richardson TX, Carrollton TX, and BEYOND!
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Dental Implant
▸ Cosmetic Dentistry
▸ Restorative Dentistry
▸ Family Dentistry
▸ Smile Makeovers
▸ Clear Braces
▸ Sleep Apnea Treatment
▸ Tongue Tie Surgery
▸ Neuromuscular Orthodontics
▸ All-On-4 Treatment Concept
▸ Lip Tie Surgery
▸ Zygomatic Implants
▸ Pterygoid Implants
▸ Neuromuscular Dentistry
▸ Gum Graft Treatment