Dental Bone Regeneration Treatment Specialist in Dallas, TX
Beyond Dental & Implant Center can help you with questions and treatment for bone regeneration of your teeth. Dr. Cory Nguyen can answer your questions. Contact us or request an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 13655 Preston Rd Suite 100 Dallas, TX 75240.
Table of Contents:
Your jawbone is an important component of your mouth. It enables you to perform a wide array of different functions, including biting, chewing, and speaking. It helps to hold your teeth securely in place and aids in maintaining your facial shape and aesthetics. The loss of bone mass in your jaw impacts your oral health, the functions of your jaw, your appearance, and your quality of life. Beyond Dental & Implant Center can help with bone regeneration.
Bone loss can occur for several different reasons. Common causes include:
• Periodontal disease. When bacteria travel below the gum line, they begin to attack the periodontal ligaments and your jawbone, in addition to continuing to attack your gums. As the bacteria attack your jawbone, it becomes weak and begins to lose mass. This can result in bony defects around the teeth as well as compromise the stability of your teeth.
• Tooth loss. When you lose teeth, your jawbone loses stimulation. A lack of stimulation results in fewer nutrients being sent to your jaw. The bone begins to weaken and lose mass as a result.
• Tooth extractions. In some cases, extracting a tooth can result in some of your jawbone being removed in the process.
• Facial or dental trauma.
Bone grafting is a surgical procedure that is performed to restore missing bone mass in your jaw. By replacing missing bone mass, we can help restore strength and shape to your jawbone. During a bone graft, bone mass is harvested from another area of your body, or from a donor, and transplanted to the affected areas of your jaw.
There are a few different types of grafts that may be used. During your initial consultation, we thoroughly examine your mouth to help determine the best type of graft to meet your needs.
• Autograft. An autograft uses bone mass harvested from your own body. This tissue is often taken from the hip or tibia. With this graft, there is no risk of disease transmission or graft rejection.
• Allograft. An allograft uses bone mass from another human source. This donor tissue is taken from a tissue bank. This graft avoids the need for an additional surgical site for harvesting bone.
• Xenograft. A xenograft uses tissue from a non-human source, typically a cow. Like an allograft, there is no need for an additional surgical site. It is also commonly used when larger amounts of bone are required.
Guided bone regeneration, frequently called GBR, is another procedure that aids in bone regeneration. With this treatment, we place a specialized membrane over the areas where bone grafting is performed before your gums are sutured closed. The membrane serves a few different purposes. One of these purposes is to separate your faster-healing gums from the slower-healing bone. This prevents the soft tissue from filling in spaces where bone should be filling in. At the same time, the GBR membrane also helps to stimulate the growth of new bone tissue. This aids in restoring the strength and integrity of your jawbone more quickly.
With bone regeneration, we can help restore strength to your jaw as well as its shape. This helps to improve the functionality of your jaw, your facial aesthetics, and your oral health. For more information, and to schedule your consultation, call Beyond Dental and Implant Center today. We serve patients from Dallas TX, Plano TX, Addison TX, Garland TX, Richardson TX, Carrollton TX, and BEYOND!
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Dental Implant
▸ Cosmetic Dentistry
▸ Restorative Dentistry
▸ Family Dentistry
▸ Smile Makeovers
▸ Clear Braces
▸ Sleep Apnea Treatment
▸ Tongue Tie Surgery
▸ Neuromuscular Orthodontics
▸ All-On-4 Treatment Concept
▸ Lip Tie Surgery
▸ Zygomatic Implants
▸ Pterygoid Implants
▸ Neuromuscular Dentistry
▸ Gum Graft Treatment