Aesthetic Gum Lift Procedure Specialist in Dallas and Fort Worth, TX
We can help you achieve the smile of your dreams with an aesthetic gum lift procedure at Beyond Dental & Implant Center. Contact Dr. Cory Nguyen today for a consultation. Visit us at a location near you.
Table of Contents:
Your smile plays an important role in the first impressions you make. A major factor in the quality of your smile is your teeth. However, even if your teeth are perfectly straight and bright white, your smile may still not be what you want. Your gums also play a crucial role in how your smile looks. Excess gum tissue can leave you with a gummy smile. This can cause your otherwise perfect teeth to appear small, which can greatly affect the quality of your smile. At Beyond Dental and Implant Center, we can help you to achieve the smile of your dreams with an aesthetic gum lift.
An aesthetic gum lift, commonly called crown lengthening, is a procedure that is performed to remove surplus gum tissue around your teeth. By removing this surplus gum tissue, we can restore a much more natural appearance of your teeth and enhance the quality of your smile. The procedure may also include the removal of a small amount of bone to provide optimal results.
An aesthetic gum lift is a minimally invasive procedure that is done under a local anesthetic. We perform the procedure using a dental laser, which uses a concentrated beam of light to remove excess tissue. Traditionally, the procedure has been performed using a scalpel. While effective, a scalpel not only causes bleeding, it can also lead to significant pain and swelling following treatment. The laser helps to avoid all of these issues. As the laser cuts tissue, it cauterizes, limiting bleeding. The laser also provides pinpoint accuracy, limiting tissue trauma and reducing pain and swelling and reducing recovery time. Additionally, because the laser is so accurate, it works only to remove the tissue that needs to be removed.
After administering the local anesthetic, we use the laser to remove excess tissue. The exact length of time the treatment takes depends on how many teeth require treatment as well as if we need to remove any bone in the process. Once your treatment is complete, the results are immediately noticeable. They continue to improve as you heal.
An aesthetic gum lift provides many benefits including:
• The procedure is minimally invasive. The laser limits bleeding and reduces pain and swelling.
• Lengthening the appearance of your teeth.
• Restoring a more natural, even gumline.
• Immediately noticeable results.
• With your smile enhanced, your confidence improves.
While a gum lift is commonly used for cosmetic purposes, it also has a few functional purposes as well. These include:
• Crown placement. Crowns are commonly used to restore damaged teeth. To be effective, the crown needs to cover the entire visible surface of the tooth. However, excess tissue can cover over a portion of the tooth that should be visible. Improper crown placement can increase the risk of infections and other complications. Removing excess tissue enables proper placement of your dental crown.
• Cavity treatment. Cavities at the gum line can be difficult to treat. We may not be able to effectively eliminate decay or fill the cavity. With a gum lift, we can expose the entire cavity, allowing for proper treatment.
• Improved gum health. Excess gum tissue can negatively impact your gum health. The tissue can easily trap plaque and bacteria, increasing your risk for gum disease. Eliminating excess gum tissue gets rid of these hiding places, making your gums easier to keep clean.
With an aesthetic gum lift, we can help you to achieve the smile you have always dreamed of. Call at Beyond Dental and Implant Center today for more information and to find out if an aesthetic gum lift is right for you. We serve patients from Dallas TX, Fort Worth TX, Cockrell Hill TX, Mesquite TX, Highland Park TX, Forest Hill TX, Saginaw TX, and White Settlement TX.
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Dental Implant
▸ Cosmetic Dentistry
▸ Restorative Dentistry
▸ Family Dentistry
▸ Smile Makeovers
▸ Clear Braces
▸ Sleep Apnea Treatment
▸ Tongue Tie Surgery
▸ Neuromuscular Orthodontics
▸ All-On-4 Treatment Concept
▸ Lip Tie Surgery
▸ Zygomatic Implants
▸ Pterygoid Implants
▸ Neuromuscular Dentistry
▸ Gum Graft Treatment