Trios-3 Digital Impression Scanner in Dallas, TX and Fort Worth, TX
Dental technology has come a long way in recent years. With all of the technological advances made, we have been able to provide you with more accurate diagnoses and much more effective treatment plans. At Beyond Dental and Implant Center, we employ the use of the latest dental technologies, allowing us to greatly improve your quality of care. One of these technologies is the Trios-3 digital impression scanner.
What is the Trios-3 Digital Impression Scanner?
When an impression of your mouth was needed in the past, this would require the use of impression putty. Not only was this putty messy, but it could also be uncomfortable and cause gagging, which could trigger anxiety in some patients. Additionally, these types of impressions were not always accurate, resulting in the need for more impressions. Today, we take impressions digitally using the Trios-3.
The Trios-3 is a compact intra-oral scanner that uses optical scanning technology to capture digital impressions of your mouth, eliminating the need for impression putty. We move the scanner around in your mouth, and the optical scanning technology takes an impression of your teeth and gums, displaying the image onto a computer monitor. The impressions we take are completely accurate, meaning there is no need for additional appointments for retakes.
How is Trios-3 Used?
Once we capture the image, we can then use specialized software to manipulate it in a variety of different ways. We can rotate the scan to see your mouth from several different angles. We can also zoom in on specific areas and enhance the image for clarity, allowing us to see the smallest details of your mouth for much more accurate treatment. The Trios-3 can be used for several different purposes:
- Designing and creating custom restorations, including veneers, crowns, and more. The scan gives us the exact measurements of your mouth, enabling us to custom create restorations that will fit perfectly in your mouth.
- Faster restorations. Trios-3 can connect with an in-house milling unit, enabling same day restorations. This eliminates the waiting period and temporary restorations often associated with certain treatments like crowns and bridges.
- Orthodontics. With the ability to see the smallest details in your mouth, orthodontic treatment can be more custom tailored to provide you with optimal results. This includes treatment with traditional braces as well as treatment with aligners.
The Benefits of Trios-3
The Trios-3 digital impression scanner provides several benefits, including:
- Faster impressions. It only takes a few minutes to capture your digital impressions, getting you back to your normal daily schedule with minimal disruption.
- Greater comfort. Instead of messy, uncomfortable impression putty, the Trios-3 takes impressions using a compact handheld wand. This makes the process of getting impressions much more comfortable.
- Improved accuracy. The Trios-3 provides exact measurements of your mouth, enabling us to create more accurate restorations.
- Digital storage. We store your impressions digitally, greatly reducing the risk of losing them or having to worry about impressions getting damaged.
- Fewer appointments needed. Because your impressions are so accurate, there is no need to have to come back for additional appointments to take more impressions.
- Reduced anxiety. The Trios-3 does not cause gagging like impression putty can. This can greatly reduce anxiety, making for a more pleasant experience.
The Trios-3 digital impression scanner allows us to take accurate impressions of your mouth without the need for traditional impression putty. For more information on the Trios-3 digital impression scanner, and to find out just what it can do for you, call Beyond Dental and Implant Center today. We serve patients from Fort Worth TX, Dallas TX, Cockrell Hill TX, Mesquite TX, Highland Park TX, Forest Hill TX, Saginaw TX, and White Settlement TX.