Top TMJ Dentist in Dallas, TX
Are you in need of a TMJ expert in Dallas, TX? You’ll be able to find Dr. Cory Nguyen, DDS right here at Beyond Dental and Implant Center. Please contact us for assistance with jaw issues or TMJ disorders in the Dallas area. Visit us at 13655 Preston Rd Suite 100 Dallas, TX 75240.
Table of Contents:
It’s an unfortunate fact that tens of millions of Americans are dealing with jaw and sleep-related issues. It’s also unfortunate that many of these people don’t understand that these issues could be caused by a TMJ disorder. However, these individuals can find relief here at Beyond Dental. Our TMJ expert, Dr. Cory Nguyen, DDS can help to manage or even correct a TMJ disorder. So if you believe you need a TMJ expert in Dallas TX, get in touch with our Office today.
First of all, the TMJ is the temporomandibular joint, a joint in the jaw. A TMJ disorder (TMD) is any kind of issue that prevents a patient from being able to use their TMJ. The patient might struggle with chewing or even speaking. The patient might also struggle with sleep.
Anyone can be affected by a TMJ disorder, but the severity of the disorder varies based on age, sex, and environment. Most commonly, women between 19 and 40 are affected by TMJ disorders. 70 to 75% of people suffering from a TMJ disorder are females under 40.
The first step in diagnosing a TMD is properly identifying the signs and symptoms. Patients suffering from a TMJ disorder might be suffering from any of the following symptoms, or a combination of these symptoms:
• Teeth clenching or grinding at night (known as bruxism)
• Popping or clicking sounds when using the jaw (while chewing, talking, etc.)
• Limited mobility in the jaw
• Jaw pain or stiffness
• Ear ringing
• Pressure or pain behind the eyes
• Difficulty swallowing
• Throat soreness
• Teeth that are worn, chipped, or cracked
• Changes to the bite (malocclusions)
• Facial, neck, shoulder, or back pain
• Difficulty chewing, eating, or speaking
• Posture problems
• Frequent headaches
• Sleep apnea or excessive snoring
• And others
Here at Beyond Dental, we provide many advanced treatment options you just won’t get from other dental offices. We have a neuromuscular approach to TMJ issues that address the complications with a patient’s jaw joint, bite, muscles, and skeletal system.
In your initial consultation with our TMJ expert, Dr. Cory Nguyen, he will perform a comprehensive examination to determine whether you’re suffering from a TMD. Once we’ve determined what the issue is, we can provide immediate and lasting treatment. Some of the treatments we provide include, and could include a combination of:
• SPG blocks (sphenopalatine ganglion blocks)
• TENS therapy (transcutaneous electrical neural stimulation therapy)
• Trigger point injections
• And other immediate relief tactics like muscle massage, pain medication, muscle relaxants, stress management, and physical therapy
For more complex cases of TMD, we can provide:
• A TMJ orthotic that adjusts your bite to a normal position
• Relaxation and breathing exercises
• Neuromuscular orthodontics
• Permanent orthotics
• Full or single arch reconstruction with crowns or onlays
You’ll be able to see our TMJ expert, Dr. Cory Nguyen, DDS right here with us at Beyond Dental. We are located over at 13655 Preston Rd Suite 100 Dallas, TX 75240. To book a consultation with our expert, please call us. We are specially qualified to help you with your TMJ issue, so reach out to us for help. We serve patients from Dallas TX, Plano TX, Addison TX, Garland TX, Richardson TX, Carrollton TX, and BEYOND!
We hope to speak with you soon here at Beyond Dental!
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Dental Implant
▸ Cosmetic Dentistry
▸ Restorative Dentistry
▸ Family Dentistry
▸ Smile Makeovers
▸ Clear Braces
▸ Sleep Apnea Treatment
▸ Tongue Tie Surgery
▸ Neuromuscular Orthodontics
▸ All-On-4 Treatment Concept
▸ Lip Tie Surgery
▸ Zygomatic Implants
▸ Pterygoid Implants
▸ Neuromuscular Dentistry
▸ Gum Graft Treatment