Single Tooth Implant Treatment in Dallas, TX and Fort Worth, TX
Beyond Dental & Implant Center offers single tooth implant treatment to restore your missing tooth and give you back your smile. Call us for more information or request an appointment online. Visit us at a location near you today!
Dallas Fort Worth
Losing a single tooth often does not seem like such a big deal, especially when the missing tooth is in the back of your mouth. However, losing even just one tooth, regardless of location, can have several significant effects on your life. Tooth loss can happen for many reasons, including gum disease and facial trauma. No matter how you lose the tooth, it is important that it be replaced as soon as possible. Beyond Dental and Implant Center can help with a single tooth implant.
Effects of Tooth Loss
Losing even just one tooth can have a significant impact on your entire life. Effects of tooth loss include:
- Difficulty eating. The missing tooth can make it harder to bite or chew. This can affect your ability to effectively digest your food, which can also impact your overall nutrition.
- Speech issues. The missing tooth can lead to a lisp or other speech complications.
- Your smile deteriorates. If the tooth is at the front of your mouth, it can impact the quality of your smile and your confidence.
- An increased risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Food particles and bacteria can become trapped in the empty space and may be more difficult to clean out effectively.
- An increased risk of tooth damage. Without the tooth, bite forces become unevenly distributed, which can lead to damage to the adjacent teeth.
- An alteration of your bite. Adjacent teeth begin to shift out of alignment, altering your bite. This can lead to issues such as bruxism and TMJ disorder.
Dental Implants for Tooth Loss
Dental implants are a modern treatment for replacing missing teeth. They can be used to replace a single tooth or many teeth. An implant consists of three components, the post, the abutment, and the crown. The post is a titanium rod that is surgically implanted into your jawbone. Your bone fuses to the post gradually as you heal, stabilizing the post in your jaw. Once fully healed, the post can provide secure support for your new tooth. The abutment, or connector, is placed on top of the post. It is there to provide stability for your crown. The crown, made from ceramic, replaces the visible surface of the missing tooth, restoring the functions of the tooth while also giving you back your smile.
How is a Dental Implant Placed?
A dental implant is placed in a surgical procedure, which is done under a local anesthetic. We can also provide sedation if you are feeling anxious. Surgery begins with an incision in your gums to expose the bone underneath. Next, we drill a hole into the bone and place the implant post inside. Finally, the gums are stitched closed around the post, and a temporary tooth is placed. Once you have fully healed from surgery, which can take several weeks, we remove the temporary tooth, take an impression, and make your final restoration.
The Benefits of a Dental Implant
There are many benefits to a single tooth implant:
- The restoration looks, feels, and functions just like your natural tooth. Not only will no one be able to tell the difference between your implant and your real teeth, but you do not need to worry about relearning how to speak.
- The post holds your tooth securely in place. It will not slip out of place or fall out. You will also be able to enjoy all of your favorite foods without fear.
- An implant provides greater comfort than a traditional bridge. The implant post supports your tooth rather than your adjacent teeth.
- We do not need to alter the structure of your surrounding teeth.
- The post works like the roots of your natural teeth. This helps to stop and prevent bone loss in your jaw, keeping it strong and healthy.
Replacing a missing tooth with a dental implant not only restores the function of that tooth but your oral health and your smile as well. The implant also helps to preserve the health of your jawbone. Call Beyond Dental and Implant Center today to find out if a dental implant for your missing tooth is the right solution for you. We serve patients from Fort Worth TX, Dallas TX, Cockrell Hill TX, Mesquite TX, Highland Park TX, Forest Hill TX, Saginaw TX, and White Settlement TX.
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Dental Implant
▸ Cosmetic Dentistry
▸ Restorative Dentistry
▸ Family Dentistry
▸ Smile Makeovers
▸ Clear Braces
▸ Sleep Apnea Treatment
▸ Tongue Tie Surgery
▸ Neuromuscular Orthodontics
▸ All-On-4 Treatment Concept
▸ Lip Tie Surgery
▸ Zygomatic Implants
▸ Neuromuscular Dentistry
▸ Gum Graft Treatment