Piezo Surgery Procedures in Dallas, TX and Fort Worth, TX
Our dentists at Beyond Dental & Implant Center offers piezo surgery procedures which are much more safer and controlled as compared to the traditional techniques. Call us for more information or request an appointment online. Visit us at a location near you today!
In the past, oral surgical procedures were quite invasive. Even minor procedures required cutting and stitches. While traditional techniques may have been effective, they were not without their downsides. One of the biggest disadvantages of traditional surgical techniques was the recovery period. Following oral surgery, you might experience a significant amount of pain and swelling, and your recovery could last quite some time. Today, advances in dental technology have greatly improved the surgical techniques that we can perform, providing you with greater comfort and improved results. At Beyond Dental and Implant Center, one of the ways that we can achieve these goals is with piezosurgery.
What is Piezosurgery?
With traditional surgery, we would have to make incisions in your gums to access bone. Then, when performing procedures on the bone, we would need to use tools such as drills or burs. While effective, these tools could lead to bone loss while also risking injuries to soft tissues.
Piezosurgery is a modern type of surgery that allows us to perform procedures on your bone without causing harm to soft tissues. This type of surgery uses ultrasonic vibrations to make incisions in bone tissue. The vibrations, which are produced by a machine specifically designed for this purpose, allow us to provide you with treatment in a more controlled, more conservative manner than traditional methods. Ultrasonic energy is directed at the tip of the tool, which can then be used to make accurate incisions as narrow as 0.4 millimeters.
With piezosurgery, we can cut bone without causing harm to surrounding soft tissue. This allows us to perform delicate operations, such as work around the sinus cavities or the nerves, without causing unnecessary damage. Many treatments can be performed in a much safer manner while giving us greater control over your treatment outcome.
Procedures Performed with Piezosurgery
Piezosurgery can be used for a variety of different procedures in periodontics, oral surgery, and implantology. These procedures include:
- Implant site preparation.
- Sinus lift surgery before the placement of dental implants.
- Harvesting bone tissue for a bone graft.
- Crown lengthening, a procedure designed to lengthen the appearance of your teeth by removing excess gum tissue and small amounts of bone.
- Tooth extractions.
- Periodontal therapies, which are treatments performed to restore the health of your mouth following periodontal disease.
Benefits of Piezosurgery
There are numerous benefits associated with piezosurgery:
- Safety. Piezosurgery is considered a much safer surgical procedure. With this type of surgery, your soft tissues, blood vessels, and nerves are unharmed. We are also provided with greater visibility during your treatment, which can help to reduce bleeding.
- Less pain and discomfort. Less stress on your soft tissues and bone means less swelling and pain after your treatment is complete.
- Faster healing. With less pain and swelling, your recovery time is reduced. This allows you to resume your normal diet and daily activities faster.
Piezosurgery enables us to provide your care with much more control, and in a much more conservative manner than with traditional surgical techniques. For more information on piezosurgery, and to find out if it is right for you, call Beyond Dental and Implant Center today. We serve patients from Fort Worth TX, Dallas TX, Cockrell Hill TX, Mesquite TX, Highland Park TX, Forest Hill TX, Saginaw TX, and White Settlement TX.
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Dental Implant
▸ Cosmetic Dentistry
▸ Restorative Dentistry
▸ Family Dentistry
▸ Smile Makeovers
▸ Clear Braces
▸ Sleep Apnea Treatment
▸ Tongue Tie Surgery
▸ Neuromuscular Orthodontics
▸ All-On-4 Treatment Concept
▸ Lip Tie Surgery
▸ Zygomatic Implants
▸ Neuromuscular Dentistry
▸ Gum Graft Treatment