Periodontal Disease Treatment Specialist in Dallas, TX
Visit Beyond Dental & Implant Center to get your gums checked. Contact us for more information or request an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 13655 Preston Rd Suite 100 Dallas, TX 75240.
Table of Contents:
Apart from our teeth, we should also take care of our gums. Our gums hold our teeth and serve as their support. Brushing and flossing regularly may not be enough to ensure that you are free from gum and periodontal disease. Visiting us at Beyond Dental and Implant Center should also be part of your dental health regimen. We have state-of-the-art technology and veteran dentists that can assist you with whatever your dental problem may be. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, half of the American adults suffer from gum disease, in 2009 and 2010. This kind of information is very alarming, but only a few people are aware of this. Gum disease is in fact very common, therefore we advocate regular dental check-ups to detect dental problems and prevent further destruction of the gum tissue.
If minor gum disease is not treated, this results in a more severe form of ailment which is known as periodontal disease. It usually starts with a simple gum infection, which involves bleeding or inflammation. However, if not treated, underlying structures such as the jawbone can be affected. As the gums weaken, this may result in the loosening of gum structure, causing pockets. Within these pockets, bacteria may get trapped and cause severe problems and infection.
Some people may think that bleeding gums are ordinary oral issues that do not need any treatment, or it is something that goes away on their own. This is definitely wrong. By regularly visiting us at Beyond Dental and Implant Center, your teeth and gums are in good hands. We assure you that early signs of gum disease can be detected, thus periodontal disease can be prevented.
Bleeding is one of the signs of gum disease and infection. It can happen during brushing or flossing. If there is swelling and inflammation this will be accompanied by pain. The patient will also experience discomfort and difficulty with regular activities such as eating and speaking.
Other signs are the recession of gums and bad breath. A tooth may appear longer, exposing the root. This may lead to sensitivity and bacteria buildup in the pockets, causing constant bad breath. With the loosening of the gum, teeth also lose their support, and they may end up needing to be extracted, if not treated. There is also an unpleasant taste in the mouth. Bad taste may result from pus and blood in the gums causing an unpleasant taste. This may result in a lack of appetite and poor eating habits.
Understanding the progression of gum and periodontal disease will help us prevent it from happening to our gums. There are different factors why we develop periodontal disease, here are some of them:
• Smoking is one of the main reasons why some people develop this disease. The more you smoke, the higher the chance of acquiring periodontal disease. Although smoking cessation is not always an instant process, quitting and living a healthy lifestyle will surely help in the prevention of gum problems in the future.
• If you have problems with your teeth such as crowded teeth or misalignment, this makes brushing or flossing difficult. Because of these, you are more prone to infection and the buildup of plaque and tartar.
• Habits such as tooth grinding may also lead to gum disease.
• Some people are more prone to developing periodontal disease than others because of their genes. It may run in their family. If one of your relatives (parents or siblings) has periodontal disease, then this makes you at higher risk of also developing it.
• When the body experiences stress, the immune system weakens, thus opening doors for infection, such as gum disease and periodontal disease.
To have your gums checked, visit us today or contact us and set an appointment. We, at Beyond Dental and Implant Center, will be more than happy to assist you, Call Now. We serve patients from Dallas TX, Plano TX, Addison TX, Garland TX, Richardson TX, Carrollton TX, and BEYOND!
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Dental Implant
▸ Cosmetic Dentistry
▸ Restorative Dentistry
▸ Family Dentistry
▸ Smile Makeovers
▸ Clear Braces
▸ Sleep Apnea Treatment
▸ Tongue Tie Surgery
▸ Neuromuscular Orthodontics
▸ All-On-4 Treatment Concept
▸ Lip Tie Surgery
▸ Zygomatic Implants
▸ Pterygoid Implants
▸ Neuromuscular Dentistry
▸ Gum Graft Treatment