Myo-Monitor in Dallas and Fort Worth, TX
Beyond Dental & Implant Center offers a myo-monitor to relax the muscles through low-frequency stimulation. Call us for more information or request an appointment online. Visit us at a location near you today!
Table of Contents:
Your mouth is made up of many components, including soft tissues, bones, ligaments, joints, and muscles. All of these components work together to ensure that your mouth functions properly. If the muscles in your mouth are tense, not only do they grow tired, but they can cause issues for your teeth, jawbone, and your temporomandibular joints. At Beyond Dental and Implant Center, we can help to relax these muscles with a myo-monitor.
A myo-monitor is an electronic device that is used to provide low-frequency electrical muscle stimulation. It delivers controlled, periodic bilateral stimulation that is designed to help your muscles relax while also increasing blood circulation and your range of motion.
The myo-monitor is equipped with four electrical channels that are placed on different areas depending upon your specific needs. The channels can be placed on the sides of the face near the jaw, the back of the neck, or the shoulders. Each left and right pair of channels has its controls. As the channels deliver low-frequency stimulation, the muscles begin to relax. With four different channels, we can stimulate four different sites at the same time, which can help to save significant time while still being just as effective.
There are several uses for the myo-monitor. These include:
• Relaxing chewing muscles, neck muscles, or upper shoulder muscles.
• Taking impressions for dentures.
• Bite registration.
• Treat issues with your temporomandibular joints and other pain associated with the condition.
• Relieving muscle spasms.
• Increasing blood circulation to certain areas around your jaw, neck, and shoulders.
• Increasing the range of motion of your temporomandibular joints.
There are several benefits associated with using a myo-monitor.
• Pain reduction. With muscle stimulation, we can help relax the muscles that are causing temporomandibular joint pain, greatly alleviating muscle and facial pain, as well as other associated pain such as chronic headaches or earaches. Alleviating pain can also help to widen the range of motion of your mouth.
• Improving your bite. The cervical muscles play an important role in the posture of your head, which can subsequently impact your bite. This stimulation can also help to fine-tune occlusal evaluations and bite registrations.
• We can make occlusal adjustments in less time.
• We can provide you with a drug-free method of treatment for preventing muscle spasms.
For most patients, the myo-monitor provides safe, effective low-frequency stimulation to alleviate pain and increase the range of motion of the mouth. However, there are some instances in which the myo-monitor might not be appropriate. If you have a cardiac demand pacemaker, the myo-monitor should not be used. The myo-monitor should also not be used if you have cancerous lesions, malignant tumors, or if you are pregnant. Before undergoing treatment, we will go over your medical history, which will help us to determine if using a myo-monitor is the right treatment for you. You may experience a small amount of skin irritation where the channels are placed due to the adhesive or because of the stimulation, but this irritation should subside.
For more information on the Myo-monitor, and just how it can help you, call Beyond Dental and Implant Center today. We serve patients from Dallas TX, Fort Worth TX, Cockrell Hill TX, Mesquite TX, Highland Park TX, Forest Hill TX, Saginaw TX, and White Settlement TX.
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Dental Implant
▸ Cosmetic Dentistry
▸ Restorative Dentistry
▸ Family Dentistry
▸ Smile Makeovers
▸ Clear Braces
▸ Sleep Apnea Treatment
▸ Tongue Tie Surgery
▸ Neuromuscular Orthodontics
▸ All-On-4 Treatment Concept
▸ Lip Tie Surgery
▸ Zygomatic Implants
▸ Pterygoid Implants
▸ Neuromuscular Dentistry
▸ Gum Graft Treatment