K7 Jaw Tracking Device in Dallas, TX
Beyond Dental & Implant Center offers a K7 jaw tracking device to track jaw movements and diagnose problems and then provide the right treatment. Contact us for more information or request an appointment online. Visit us at 13655 Preston Rd Suite 100 Dallas, TX 75240 near you today!
Table of Contents:
Your mouth consists of many components that work together to allow it to perform a variety of different functions. Two of these components, the temporomandibular joints, are responsible for the movements of your mouth, allowing you to open and close your mouth, as well as absorbing the impacts of the pressures placed upon the jaw. When these joints, located on each side of the face where the lower jaw meets your skull, are irritated, it can cause a significant amount of pain, interfering greatly in your life. At Beyond Dental and Implant Center, we can diagnose issues with your TMJ with the K7 jaw tracking device.
TMJ disorder is a term that encompasses some different issues that affect your temporomandibular joints, as well as the attached muscles and ligaments. These issues cause irritation, which then leads to irritation and significant pain.
There are a few different issues that can lead to TMJ disorder, including:
• Facial trauma, such as a sports injury, a fall at home or work, or a car accident.
• Jaw dislocation.
• Bruxism. Commonly caused by stress, bruxism is a condition in which you grind and clench your teeth. Bruxism can also be caused by certain types of medications, lifestyle habits, and alignment or bite issues.
• Osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
There are some different symptoms that can indicate TMJ disorder. These include:
• Pain in the TMJ and jaw.
• Facial pain and swelling.
• Trouble eating, speaking, or making any movements of your mouth.
• Lockjaw, a condition in which your jaw temporarily locks open or closed.
• Clicking, popping or grinding.
• Chronic headaches or earaches.
The K7 jaw tracking device is an electronic device that uses multiple sensors to track the motion of your jaw. A tiny magnet is attached to the incisal gum tissue, and the machine tracks its movement. It allows us to track the exact path of your jaw as you bite down. In addition to tracking muscle movements, we can also note your range of motion as well as your chewing pattern. With the information we gather from the tracking device, we are able to diagnose bite problems and then provide you with the right treatment to alleviate pain and other symptoms.
• We can determine the precise path of your jaw through its entire range of motion. This allows us to detect even slight variations that you might not have noticed.
• Jaw tracking is completely non-invasive as well as completely painless.
• We get a 3D view of the rest position of your jaw as well as its general structure, which provides us with valuable insight into your mouth. It allows us to see small details, which helps us to provide you with a more accurate diagnosis.
• We can provide you with more effective treatments that can help to alleviate the pain and other symptoms associated with TMJ disorder.
With the K7 jaw tracking device, we can accurately analyze the activity of your facial muscles and the muscles in your mouth to diagnose TMJ issues and provide you with the appropriate treatment. Call Beyond Dental and Implant Center today to learn more. We serve patients from Dallas TX, Plano TX, Addison TX, Garland TX, Richardson TX, Carrollton TX, and BEYOND!
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Dental Implant
▸ Cosmetic Dentistry
▸ Restorative Dentistry
▸ Family Dentistry
▸ Smile Makeovers
▸ Clear Braces
▸ Sleep Apnea Treatment
▸ Tongue Tie Surgery
▸ Neuromuscular Orthodontics
▸ All-On-4 Treatment Concept
▸ Lip Tie Surgery
▸ Zygomatic Implants
▸ Pterygoid Implants
▸ Neuromuscular Dentistry
▸ Gum Graft Treatment