Emergency Dental Care in Dallas, TX
Tooth decay, a chipped tooth, and gum disease are just some of the common dental emergencies. At Beyond Dental & Implant Center, our double board certified Dr. Cory Nguyen offers comprehensive and specialized care for all types of dental emergencies. Contact us today for more information or schedule an appointment online. We are accepting new patients. We are conveniently located at 13655 Preston Rd Suite 100 Dallas, TX 75240.
Table of Contents:
Good dental care is the best prevention to maintain oral health, there are times when emergencies happen and care is required. When an emergency happens, knowing what to do can prevent serious and long-term damage. Dental emergencies can happen and having the right care can make these less serious and can restore your oral health.
Here is a list of the 7 most common dental emergencies:
• Toothache – pain is a sign that something is wrong. A toothache can be caused by decay or other problems. If swelling or other signs are present, it is time to get help.
• Chipped or broken teeth can affect your smile and cause pain.
• Knocked-out teeth are important to address as soon as possible. Restoring is more successful if done quickly.
• A lost filling or crown needs to be addressed to restore the tooth and prevent infection.
• Broken orthodontics will do damage to the inside of the mouth.
• An abscess is an infection in the tooth or around the tooth. These need to be addressed quickly as they can cause damage to the surrounding gums and spread to other parts of the body.
• Bleeding and pain after a tooth has been extracted require immediate attention. It is normal to have pain and bleeding right after the extraction, but if it lasts for more than an hour, there may be complications.
Dental emergencies are a fairly common occurrence. Roughly a quarter of the population has experienced dental pain in the last 6 months. However, not all dental problems are emergencies. Here are a few things to consider if you think you may have a dental emergency:
• Have had a tooth knocked out? Quick action can save that tooth.
• Do you have severe pain? Severe pain, and/or bleeding means help is needed.
• Do you have an infection? These can be life-threatening if not treated quickly.
• Do you have a loose tooth or teeth? A loose tooth can be an indicator of a serious problem.
• Is your mouth bleeding?
A dental emergency is any time that you require immediate help to stop serious pain, save a tooth, or stop bleeding. Infections in your mouth need to be considered to be very important and should often be treated as an emergency.
When a dental emergency happens, it is probably too late to take a lot of time to find a dentist that does emergency treatments. You may not have time to search the internet or ask friends for referrals. When an emergency arises, time is important. Since many people don’t know their options, they will often end up at the ER, which isn’t the best choice.
Emergency rooms can treat all kinds of injuries and illnesses, but they aren’t necessarily equipped to do the best work for dental emergencies. Knowing where and choosing an emergency dentist before you need one can be very valuable. Here are some things to keep in mind when looking for one:
• Look in your general area or city for one
• Look for one that accepts your insurance
• Check their hours of operation
• Find out about their services
• Ask about what ages they treat
Being prepared can make a great deal of difference when an emergency happens.
Here are some helpful tips to know when an emergency happens:
• React quickly – gather up all the pieces that may have broken or come out.
• If a tooth gets knocked out handle it by the crown only and rinse it well with warm water.
• If you have tooth pain, rinse with warm water. Use floss to remove any food or debris that can be affecting the pain.
• Loose or broken hardware from braces can do damage to the mouth. Apply an orthodontic wax or glaze to cover the broken wire. If the broken wire becomes stuck in the gum, cheek, or tongue, seek immediate attention.
Beyond Dental & Implant Center provides emergency dental services in the Dallas area. We can help when an emergency arises. We serve patients from Dallas TX, Plano TX, Addison TX, Garland TX, Richardson TX, Carrollton TX, and BEYOND!
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Dental Implant
▸ Cosmetic Dentistry
▸ Restorative Dentistry
▸ Family Dentistry
▸ Smile Makeovers
▸ Clear Braces
▸ Sleep Apnea Treatment
▸ Tongue Tie Surgery
▸ Neuromuscular Orthodontics
▸ All-On-4 Treatment Concept
▸ Lip Tie Surgery
▸ Zygomatic Implants
▸ Pterygoid Implants
▸ Neuromuscular Dentistry
▸ Gum Graft Treatment