Dentures To Implant Bridge in Dallas and Fort Worth, TX
If you are thinking of switching to implant bridge from dentures then Beyond Dental & Implant Center can help you! Call us for more information or request an appointment online. We have convenient locations to serve you in Dallas TX, and Fort Worth TX!
Table of Contents:
Dallas Fort Worth
How do dental implants work?
The benefits of dental implants
The effects of bone loss and dental implants
Replacing dentures with dental implants
Dentures have long been the solution for replacing missing teeth. These removable restorations consist of an acrylic base and acrylic resin teeth. The dentures of today are made to be much more natural in appearance. While more natural, they still have several significant disadvantages. Today, dental implants provide an alternative to traditional dentures. If you currently wear dentures but would like to make the switch to dental implants, Beyond Dental and Implant Center can help.
Dental implants are a modern treatment for replacing missing teeth. They consist of three components.
• Posts. The posts, made from titanium, are surgically placed into your jawbone. Your bone then fuses to these posts, allowing them to become strong, stable roots that will be used to provide secure support for your dental restorations.
• Abutments. The abutments, or connectors, are placed on the tops of your implant posts. They help to provide stability for your new teeth.
• Dental restorations. The dental restorations are your replacement teeth. They are ceramic crowns that look exactly like your real teeth, restoring the functions of your missing teeth as well as your beautiful smile.
There are many significant benefits associated with dental implants:
• They look exactly like your real teeth. No one will be able to tell the difference between your natural teeth and your restorations.
• They feel just like your real teeth. Your speech is perfectly restored, and you do not have to worry about relearning how to speak.
• Your teeth are held securely in place. They will not slip out of place or fall out.
• You can enjoy all of your favorite foods without fear.
• They are much more comfortable. Your restorations are supported by the titanium posts and your jawbone rather than your gums.
• They can be brushed and flossed just like real teeth. They do not need to be removed to be cleaned or soaked overnight.
• The posts provide stimulation for your jawbone much like the roots of your real teeth. This stops bone loss in your jaw, helping to keep it strong. With bone loss prevented, your restorations do not need to be replaced as dentures do.
One of the biggest drawbacks to dentures is that it does not stop bone loss in your jaw. In fact, dentures, particularly ones that do not fit properly, can encourage faster bone loss. This causes your jaw to weaken, which changes the shape of your jawbone as well as distorts facial features. As your jaw changes, your dentures need to be periodically replaced.
Dental implants stimulate your jawbone just like the roots of your natural teeth. However, for implants to be placed, there needs to be enough bone mass remaining in your jaw. Without enough bone mass, your implants may be loose or may fail altogether. If you have suffered too much bone loss before the decision to make the switch to implants, we may need to perform a bone graft first. This procedure restores strength and shape to your jaw, improving the success rate of dental implants.
Unlike dentures, getting dental implants requires surgery. Surgery is done under a local anesthetic. Sedation may also be provided if necessary. Surgery begins with incisions in your jaw, exposing the bone underneath. Next, holes are drilled into your jawbone, and the posts are placed inside. We suture your gums closed and place temporary teeth.
Healing from surgery varies from patient to patient, and it can take several weeks to several months to complete. During this time, several follow-ups help to ensure that you are healing properly and there are no complications. Once you have fully healed, we then begin the process of creating and placing your final restorations. With successful treatment, your implants are designed to provide a long-term solution. With proper care, they can even last a lifetime.
Dental implants provide several significant advantages over traditional dentures. If you want to trade in your dentures for dental implants, call Beyond Dental and Implant Center today to schedule your consultation. We serve patients from Dallas TX, Fort Worth TX, Cockrell Hill TX, Mesquite TX, Highland Park TX, Forest Hill TX, Saginaw TX, and White Settlement TX.
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Dental Implant
▸ Cosmetic Dentistry
▸ Restorative Dentistry
▸ Family Dentistry
▸ Smile Makeovers
▸ Clear Braces
▸ Sleep Apnea Treatment
▸ Tongue Tie Surgery
▸ Neuromuscular Orthodontics
▸ All-On-4 Treatment Concept
▸ Lip Tie Surgery
▸ Zygomatic Implants
▸ Pterygoid Implants
▸ Neuromuscular Dentistry
▸ Gum Graft Treatment