Dental Implants Vs Dentures in Dallas, TX and Fort Worth, TX
If you can’t decide whether to go for dental implants or dentures and what is the best option then call Beyond Dental and Implant Center! We have 2 convenient locations to serve you in Dallas TX, and Fort Worth TX!
If you are missing one or more teeth, you may be wondering what to do next. At Beyond Dental and Implant Center we specialize in dental implants, because of their many benefits over more traditional alternatives like dentures. Thanks to their benefits, dental implants have become the industry standard for tooth restorations. Your implant-supported restoration will look, feel, and function just like your natural teeth!
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a titanium post that we surgically embedded into the jawbone. Most implants are made from titanium, because of its unique ability to fuse with human bone. This process is known as osseointegration. After osseointegration is complete, the implant screw is usually attached to an abutment or support structure. In some cases, the abutment and implant screw can be placed at the same time.
The abutment is crucial because it links the implant screw to the restoration. These days, implants can be used to support a single crown, a fixed bridge, or full-arch restoration. The number of implants you receive depends on the type of restoration. Most implant-supported bridges require an implant for each missing tooth. However, it is also possible to suspend a pontin, or false tooth, between two implant posts. Full-arch restorations are a different story. Removable restorations, like implant-retained dentures, can rely on as little as two implants. A fixed solution, meaning one that is non-removable, can require anywhere from four to eight implants.
What Are Dentures?
As many people know, a denture is a removable set of replacement teeth. There are two major types of dentures: partial and complete. A partial denture uses metal clasps, or “precision attachments,” that link up to the adjacent teeth surrounding the open space. Many partials also rely on a retainer-like attachment to stay in place. These are sometimes referred to as flippers.
A complete denture consists of a pink, or flesh-colored acrylic base that supports a series of prosthetic teeth. The base rests on the gum tissue, and typically requires some form of adhesive to stay in place. Even with adhesives, many patients are still vulnerable to embarrassing slips when they speak, chew, or laugh.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants have some benefits over traditional dentures, some of which include:
- Better Esthetics. Most implant restorations are fabricated using porcelain or zirconia. These ceramic materials can be molded and textured to be virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth. Most people may not even notice you have a restoration.
- Better Comfort. Dentures can cause irritation issues with the gums underneath the base. Implants rely on the bone structure, making them as comfortable to eat with as your natural teeth.
- Better Oral Health. Dentures need to be relined, repaired, or replaced every five to seven years due to the deterioration of healthy tissues. Implants preserve your bone and prevent future complications with your oral health.
- Better Longevity. Implants have been known to last for several decades without the need for replacement. In some cases, they can even last a lifetime.
- Better Convenience. The care and maintenance of implant restorations is a breeze. Just be sure to brush and floss when appropriate. Dentures must be removed to be cleaned, and as a result, are much more susceptible to damage. Under the wrong conditions, a denture may become warped or brittle.
- Better Self Esteem. Missing teeth can make many people feel self conscious about their smile. Dental implants can give you the confidence to speak, smile, and laugh without embarrassment!
Schedule an Appointment
If you are in need of a tooth replacement, we strongly recommend dental implants. Call us to schedule your appointment now! We serve patients from Fort Worth TX, Dallas TX, Cockrell Hill TX, Mesquite TX, Highland Park TX, Forest Hill TX, Saginaw TX, and White Settlement TX.
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Dental Implant
▸ Cosmetic Dentistry
▸ Restorative Dentistry
▸ Family Dentistry
▸ Smile Makeovers
▸ Clear Braces
▸ Sleep Apnea Treatment
▸ Tongue Tie Surgery
▸ Neuromuscular Orthodontics
▸ All-On-4 Treatment Concept
▸ Lip Tie Surgery
▸ Zygomatic Implants
▸ Neuromuscular Dentistry
▸ Gum Graft Treatment