Benefits of Dental Implants in Dallas, TX
Dental implants are a long-term solution for replacing the roots of missing teeth. Visit Beyond Dental & Implant Center today to get specialized dental care. Our board-certified dentist Dr. Cory Ngyuen can explain the benefits of dental implants. Contact us for more information or request an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 13655 Preston Rd Suite 100 Dallas, TX 75240.
Table of Contents:
A woman smiling after receiving dental implants at Beyond Dental and Implant Center in Dallas, TX. At Beyond Dental and Implant Center, we specialize in dental implants because we believe in their many benefits. If you are missing one or more teeth, dental implants are usually the ideal replacement solution. In many ways, dental implants are the next best thing for your natural teeth.
A dental implant is a small post, typically made from titanium that we surgically embed into the jawbone. Once in place, an implant mimics the relationship between the tooth root and jawbone, serving as the anchor of a restoration. These days, implants can be used to support a single crown, a partially fixed bridge, and even a full-arch restoration.
The number of implants we place depends on the type of restoration you need. For a fixed bridge, we usually place an implant for each missing tooth. If this is not possible due to the location or availability of bone, we can also suspend a pontic (false tooth) between two implants. A full-arch restoration requires anywhere from four to eight implants depending on the appliance.
Implants are largely successful due to a process known as osseointegration. During osseointegration, the implant post fuses to your bone to form a powerful bond. Titanium is one of the only elements that can fuse with living bone.
The process of osseointegration can take anywhere from six months to over a year, depending on the number of implants. Once the process is complete, your implant will be able to support your restoration against the strongest forces of your bite. In many ways, osseointegration allows your implant-supported restoration to look, feel, and function just like your natural teeth.
For most patients, implants are the ideal solution to tooth loss. Benefits of implants include:
• Superior Appearance: Most implant-supported restorations are fabricated using porcelain or zirconia. Both of these materials possess the same light-reflective properties as tooth enamel, meaning your restoration will be virtually indistinguishable from your remaining teeth.
• Superior Comfort: Your restoration relies on implants for support rather than the gum tissue or surrounding teeth. This provides a level of comfort unmatched by traditional appliances, such as dentures.
• Superior Durability: Implants allow you to eat, speak, and smile with confidence. Unlike removable appliances, you will not experience any embarrassing slips or gum irritation. Implant-supported restorations also require fewer repairs, replacements, and adjustments.
• Superior Longevity: The implant procedure has a success rate upwards of 95%, with longevity that far surpasses other restorations. Most implant-supported restorations will last for several decades rather than a few years. With the proper care and maintenance, an implant could even last a lifetime!
• Superior Convenience: Because the implant becomes a part of you, you can treat your restoration just like natural teeth, with regular brushing and flossing. Removable appliances require special care and maintenance. We also recommend routine checkups and professional cleanings to maximize the longevity of your implant.
• Superior Oral Health: Unlike traditional bridges, implant-supported restorations do not put your surrounding teeth at a greater risk for structural damage or decay. Implant posts also stimulate the jaw, which prevents bone deterioration.
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Dental Implant
▸ Cosmetic Dentistry
▸ Restorative Dentistry
▸ Family Dentistry
▸ Smile Makeovers
▸ Clear Braces
▸ Sleep Apnea Treatment
▸ Tongue Tie Surgery
▸ Neuromuscular Orthodontics
▸ All-On-4 Treatment Concept
▸ Lip Tie Surgery
▸ Zygomatic Implants
▸ Pterygoid Implants
▸ Neuromuscular Dentistry
▸ Gum Graft Treatment